Most of our internship positions for summer 2018 are full. However, we are still welcoming applications from candidates who are fluent in Khmai or Bangla, or who are experienced with survey design.
To apply, please email internships [at] ilrf.org (subject: enter%20position%20title%20here%20%2B%20first%20name%2C%20last%20name) with:
- A letter indicating why you are interested in interning at ILRF and your areas of interest and skills, how many hours per week you are available and for which start date and end date, whether you have a funded stipend or are eligible for college credit, and whether you are located in Washington, DC or in a different city
- Your resume / CV
- A copy of any of the following that you have produced, as relevant to your inquiry: research paper, published article, campaign-related writing, graphic design sample, or video
- If you are indicating language fluency in your application, then please include a writing sample in that language in addition to your English writing sample
For fall 2018, we have openings for students who receive federal work-study funding. We also welcome inquiries for fall 2018 to spring 2019 positions from students receiving other funding or credit from their universities or through Fulbright or similar programs. Internship positions are customized based on interns' interests and experience. These are some of the skills that we seek in interns:
- Excellent writing skills
- Corporate research
- Legal research
- Qualitative research
- Quantitative research
- Graphic design
- Web design
- Publications layout
- Video production and editing
- Data entry
- Attention to detail
- Professional phone demeanor
- Native-level fluency and professional-level writing skills in Bangla, Khmai, Chinese, Russian, Spanish, or Uzbek.
ILRF is an equal opportunity employer and actively recruits women, people of color, persons with disabilities, and persons with diverse gender and sexual identities.